Mary Portas - Queen of Shops looks at government policy
Submitted by Jo on 19/05/2011
The British government has recruited Mary Portas. She is to look at government policies and see how high streets all around the country can be revived. Imparticularly, she wants to look at this proposal "Require a local competition test for all planning applications for new retail developments and establish a local competition office within the Office of Fair Trading to investigate anti-competitive practices at a local and regional level." which was set out in the 2010 Lib Dem campaign.
She should have a look at Gloucester Road and see how well we are doing here! Take a leaf out of our book!
Other articles by this user
- Gloucester Road has been mentioned on Radio 4! (published 14/09/2011)
- The Fish Shop - An Oyster Experience! (published 13/09/2011)
- From Protests to Riots! (published 12/08/2011)
- Bristol Zoo marks its 175 anniversary with Gorillas! (published 07/07/2011)
- Major fire on Gloucester Road! (published 27/06/2011)
- Yummy treats from Bristanbul! (published 23/06/2011)
- An Amazing Offer From Elephant! (published 10/05/2011)
- Elephant - The New Estate Agents on Gloucester Road (published 01/05/2011)
- Lynne Fernandes Optometrists (published 16/03/2011)
- Venue Has Been Saved! (published 07/03/2011)