Learn to eat healthily - 'Vegucate' yourself in Bristol!
Wanna eat healthily and compassionately without giving up your favourite treat foods?
Do you always wonder why we love dogs, eat pigs and wear cows?
The 'Vegucate Bristol Film Series' is tailor-made for you!
It shows you the all-round benefits of a plant-based lifestyle through screenings of life-altering, award-winning documentary films on this subject over 6 weeks, every Tuesday evening from April 2nd to May 7th.
• Vegucated (April 2nd & 23rd)
• Planeat (April 9th)
• Got the Facts on Milk? (April 16th)
• Forks over Knives (April 30th)
• Peaceable Kingdom: the Journey Home (May 7th)
Includes: FREE pizzas and snacks | comedians | cookery demos | film screenings | raffle | discussion
(Comedians, chefs and panel members TBC)
All food served is 100% plant-based.
Where: Polish Club, 50 St Paul’s Rd, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1LP, United Kingdom
Dates: 2/4, 9/4, 16/4, 23/4, 30/4, 7/5 (Tues.)
Time: 6:30 – 10pm each evening
Admission FREE, donations welcome! (Suggested donation: £2)
All funds raised go to Vegfam charity, who feeds the hungry across the globe without animal exploitation.
Capacity: 150 people (strictly FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)
No prior reservations required – admission begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:00 sharp, so arrive early to avoid disappointment!
- Part sociological experiment and part adventure comedy, VEGUCATED follows three meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a plant-based diet for six weeks.
- Trailer available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKzng1_byMY
- More info available on www.getvegucated.com/
- PLANEAT is the story of three men's life-long search for a diet which is good for our health, good for the environment and good for the future of the planet.
- Trailer available at http://vimeo.com/3018137
- More info available on http://planeat.tv/
Got the Facts on Milk? (aka. 'Milk Documentary')
- GOT THE FACTS ON MILK? questions the conventional wisdom of the much publicized health benefits of milk and dairy products.
- Trailer available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m6VErjH5VY&feature=player_embedded
- More info available on http://www.milkdocumentary.com/
Forks over Knives
- FORKS OVER KNIVES examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
- Trailer available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ijukNzlUg
- More info available on www.forksoverknives.com/
Peaceable Kingdom: the Journey Home
- PEACEABLE KINGDOM: THE JOURNEY HOME explores the awakening conscience of several people who grew up in traditional farming culture and who have now come to question the basic assumptions of their way of life.
- Trailer available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFqRCc08V6k&feature=player_embedded
- More info available on http://www.peaceablekingdomfilm.org/
For more info, search ‘Vegucate Bristol Film Series’ on Facebook, or click on the following links:
• April 2nd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/186767368135132/?ref=14
• April 9th (Planeat) http://www.facebook.com/events/421649501237594/
• April 16th (Got the Facts on Milk?) http://www.facebook.com/events/515382371829666/
• April 23rd (Vegucated) http://www.facebook.com/events/323746284397337/
• April 30th (Forks over Knives) http://www.facebook.com/events/236839843115408/
• May 7th (Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home) http://www.facebook.com/events/103116129863602/
VOLUNTEERS ARE WELCOME!
For further enquiries, contact our community Vegucate Bristol by email at email@example.com
50 St Paul's Road